There’s a new scheme that can improve the energy efficiency and warmth of owner-occupied and privately-rented homes in Redcar and Cleveland.
The Home Upgrade Grant offers a range of energy efficiency measures to low-income households that are not currently heated by mains gas.
More information can be found on the Redcar & Cleveland website https://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/housing/home-upgrade-grant
You can also register your interest by visiting https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/net-zero/home-upgrade-grant-hug
We believe the scheme will work on a first-come-first-served basis, so it’s important to register your interest as soon as possible.
Home Upgrade Grant (HUG)
Improve the energy efficiency of your home through our new Home Upgrade Grant (HUG)
The Tees Valley Combined Authority, in partnership with Stockton, Middlesbrough, Darlington and Redcar and Cleveland Borough Councils, has secured more than £3 million worth of funding to improve the energy efficiency of homes across the Tees Valley.
Home Upgrade Grant funding is available whether you own or privately rent your home, subject to the eligibility criteria. Permission will also be required from your landlord if you are in private rented accommodation.
The following energy saving measures available are:
- Replacement cavity wall insulation
- External wall insulation
- High retention storage heaters
- Solar PV
- Solar thermal
- Loft insulation
- Double glazing
- Draft proofing
- Air source heat pump
To be eligible, all the following criteria must be met:
- Your home must be ‘off gas’, meaning either not connected to the gas network or heated by an inefficient non-gas system – e.g., oil, solid fuel, electricity (low efficiency storage heaters) etc.
- Your total household income must be less than £30,000 annually (may be higher in some instances).
- The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the property must have a rating of E to G (in some cases D rating). If you do not know your EPC rating, find out using the link below: https://find-energy-certificate.digital.communities.gov.uk
- You must live in Redcar & Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Stockton or Darlington council areas.
HUG is fully funded if you are an owner-occupier (own your own home and live there).
If you are renting from a private landlord, we may ask for a one-third contribution from the landlord towards the work.
If you are interested in applying for a Home Upgrade Grant, please complete the expression of interest form via the following link:
To discuss the HUG scheme or alternative ways of improving the energy efficiency and warmth of your home, please contact the Council’s Warm & Well service on 01642 771289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.